In keeping with our paperless meeting, all posters will be electronic (e-poster). The posters will be presented in an electronic format on wide screen (16:9) HD screens (not touchscreen) at the meeting and also via the BOPSS conference APP and via the BOPSS website.
You must upload your files to our secure server before the deadline of 10 am on Friday 31st May 2019
If you wish to view previous year’s posters you can view them here. You’ll need to have a ticket from this year or a previous 5 years meetings to be able to access this page (and you’ll need to be logged in).
Please ensure you have patients’ consent if you are including any specific patient photo or textual information.
1. The condition of accepting our offer and uploading your e-poster is that as first named author you must register, pay the appropriate fee and attend the meeting. You are not required to give a formal presentation of your e-poster; however, we will allocate a time during the refreshment or lunch break either on Thursday or Friday when you should aim to be present at the screen to answer any questions about your work.
2. The e-poster is ONE slide created using Microsoft PowerPoint (not Keynote) in a wide screen format (16:9 ratio) (you may include media such as video or audio on a 90 second loop – see below for more information)
3. You must produce and upload TWO files (a PowerPoint slide AND a pdf copy of that slide) to our secure server before the deadline of 10 am on Friday 31st May 2019
4. You must save your file in the following format only: the abstract reference number followed by your name, eg 301smith
5. Failure to submit your two files by the deadline will lead to the removal of your abstract and e-poster from the programme listing on the BOPSS website and from the conference APP
Only acceptable format
Your e-poster submission should be a one slide PowerPoint file created using a wide screen format template. The orientation is landscape.
Saving your file
Save both the PowerPoint file AND the pdf document with the same file name using the following format only – the e-Poster number you have been allocated followed by your surname – e.g. 301smith
We require your submission of both files (one slide PowerPoint) and a pdf copy by 10 am on Friday 31st May 2019 to our secure server
Slide Master Format to create your e-poster
Create your e-poster on one slide using Microsoft PowerPoint created using a wide screen template. This template is the default setting for Microsoft Office 2013 or later versions of PowerPoint. This is NOT the default setting for earlier versions or Keynote therefore you will have to change your slide master BEFORE creating your PowerPoint slide. If you create your slide in Keynote, please convert it to Microsoft PowerPoint and ensure that has saved in the correct format.
Text should be minimum Arial or Times New Roman 10 point size for optimal viewing. Headings and titles should be between point sizes 12-16
You can download various formats of the BOPSS logo for your eposter from this page. The recommended image would be this one.
Should be scanned at the highest possible resolution for optimal viewing
Can be included – MAXIMUM time of 90 secs. The video MUST be embedded in the slide and be set to run on a loop (there is no user control available).
Please upload your video file when uploading your PowerPoint slide and name it with your reference number and surname.
Multimedia and Animation
Can be included (eg animation on a chart or graph, scrolling text) which runs automatically on a loop – (there is no user control available)
Internet / online content
Internet or html links cannot be included
Can be included but please make sure you make us aware that you require audio, and set any audio to run automatically on a loop MAXIMUM time of 90 secs – (there is no user control available)
If you have any queries regarding the uploading of your files please contact us at via email
General poster design tips can be found here