Why consult a BOPSS Member?
BOPSS Members are trained Oculoplastic Surgeons and ophthalmologists. They have undergone rigorous oculoplastic training and have been taught oculoplastic surgery in lectures, tutorials, courses and by demonstration. In order to become a member of BOPSS they have had to demonstrate a dedication to Oculoplastic Surgery including evidence of training.
- BOPSS Members are Registered with G.M.C. BOPSS Members are on the Specialist Register maintained by the General Medical Council. You can check whether a surgeon is on the Specialist Register by visiting www.gmc-uk.org.
- BOPSS Members are all N.H.S. Consultants BOPSS Members are all eligible to, or have taken up, Consultant Appointments in Ophthalmology with a Special interest in Oculoplastic Surgery.
- General Practitioner Communication BOPSS Members accept referrals from General Practitioners and, if the patients are agreeable, will keep their GPs informed of their treatments and progress.
- Continued Medical Training BOPSS Members regularly attend instruction and scientific meetings organised by BOPSS annually. They also attend scientific meetings organised by sister National and International organizations such as ASOPRS and ESOPRS.
- Well recognized hospitals and clinics BOPSS Members work in well recognized reputable hospitals and clinics- -eg. the private sections of NHS Trust hospitals, BUPA, Nuffield, Columbia Healthcare, HCA Hospitals. Within these hospitals they are working alongside other specialists able to give supporting care, who are also on the GMC Register in their own fields.