NFORC is delighted to host the first maxillofacial, head & neck, & oculoplastic collaborative research summit.
Thursday May 9th
1330 – 1700
Richard Desmond Paediatric Ophthalmology Hospital, Level 2.
As the UK’s head and neck Surgical Trials Unit, NFORC is dedicated to developing, running and coordinating high quality clinical research. In 2013, NFORC became the UK head and neck research centre against open competition, forming a new collaboration between the British Association of Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS), Saving Faces – The Facial Surgery Research Foundation (SF-FSRF), CRUK Cancer Prevention Trials Unit (CPTU), Barts Clinical Trials Unit (BCTU), British Oculoplasic Surgery Society (BOPSS), British Orthodontic Society (BOS) and NHS Digital.
This Summit will focus on key areas of recent and future research interests including, but not limited to:
- Intralesional treatment of basal cell carcinoma
- Application of cold therapy in oculoplastic surgery
- The use of tranexamic acid in lacrimal and oculofacial surgery
- PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitors for orbital squamous cell carcinomas
- The development of a UK oculofacial melanoma database
- The efficacy of LA with GA – reduced extubation time, and IV anaesthesia
This is one of the first events of its kind to support prospective clinical research in our related fields, and we very much hope you can join us! Everyone is welcome regardless of previous research experience. Refreshments will be provided.
Please confirm your attendance by email to Priscilla.firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Priscilla Mathewson, MA (Cantab) FRCOphth, Local organiser
Miss Hannah Timlin BSc FRCOphth, Local organiser
Mr David H. Verity, MD MA FRCOphth, BOPSS Chair for NFORC
Richard Desmond Children's Eye Centre, London